Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Its all in perspective.

Hello My Readers. Have you missed me? I am sorry it has been so long. I was going to try and do a full newsletter but I couldn't figure it out. I will work on it for next quarter!


So I want to take this time at the start and just say that I want to become more specific what I post here and I have started a new site on google+ with pictures and I plan on putting weekly updates up there (maybe more often we shall see) https://plus.google.com/101792043542777216030 Just copy and past this link. I have been busy with uploading pictures today so enjoy :)


Okay so my thoughts recently have been on perspective.
On Friday my landlord was suppose to come by to pick up rent but something came up so he was not able to and I did not go get the money for it. This has happened before and is no big deal usually he comes Wednesday the next week or gives us a day notice. Monday as I woke up later in the day since it was my day off I forgot about my Ukrainian lesson, then got a call from my roommate that the landlord wanted to come get rent. That mean my day off in which I was going to stay warm and inside was now going to have an adventure across town in the cold to an ATM. Like most people I have my favorite ATM and when I got there freezing cold it was broke :( I tried several more until I found one that worked. I was so cold after hunting down this ATM that all I wanted to do was get home and have some coffee. As I shivered my way home I fell right in the middle of the road, hard. It hurt and it made me mad. I rushed home just wanting some coffee. I got in and we were all out of coffee. It was not a good start to the day. The rest of the day was fine though so it wasn't horrible all day long. I called my roommate and he brought me some coffee I just had to be patient. 


On Tuesday I had a change of perspective on the whole situation. 
I spend lots of time walking. It is a 15min walk to the student center from my house. I spend this time often praying and reflecting. On Tuesday I was thinking of something I had read that many of you might have read about someone questioning God about their bad day. I began to think back on my day. 1) I had a nice warm bed to sleep in and even got a chance to sleep in, hundreds of people have died this month because they had to sleep in the cold. 2) When I feel there was an old lady about to cross the opposite way, she saw me fall and knew it was slick, I am young and the pain passed faster than the embarrassment, she could have ended up in the hospital if it was her. 3) I have 2 student roommates, and its no different here sometimes students procrastinate and have to stay up all night, and both of my roommates have early classes, so I am glad we have coffee so they can stay awake when they need to and wake up for classes in the morning.


There are lots of things that happen to us in life and it is up to us if we are going to let those things have a positive impact on us or a negative one. All we have to do is change the perspective that we have. Even if we are in a bad situation we cannot change right away we still have the power to look at it in a new light! (its cold here but it makes me appreciate the summer so much more)

No comments:

Post a Comment