Wednesday, August 17, 2011

It's Closing Time

After 3 weeks of training we are coming up on our date of commissioning. It will be very bittersweet for many of us as we are going our separate ways into the world, some of us leaving very soon for our placement sites others having a few weeks home. Many of us will not see one another for at least eighteen months and for the US-2 and Mission Interns this could possibly be the last time we spend together as a completely whole group. It has been a great 3 weeks, we have had many trials, laughs, tears and smiles and hands down the best time I could have asked for from any group of people


As for me I will be departing Charlotte airport with a fellow Mission Intern Katie Steele on August 27th to begin my trek to Ukraine. It is a very exciting time that is filled with much nervousness as I look at what I should pack and who I need to visit before I depart. I know however that God is going to be with all of us through this journey into new cultures and new ideas about what Gods love really means.

Final food for thought: You can only begin to grasp Christianity when the most important people to you are the people you don’t know and my never know!

http://new.gbgm-umc.org/advanc​e/missionaries/biographies/ind​ex.cfm?action=details&code=302​1336

No comments:

Post a Comment