Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Training time!

Wow, here it comes. Less than twenty days until I am in the Ukraine. Training has been such a different experience. We have all learned so much and at times it is extremely overwhelming. It is such a different situation because we are all working on trying to make a balance of professional situation and intentional friendships and relationships to build up our support between one another.

We have such a great group and all of us have been able contribute to the growing dimensions of the group. As each day goes by we are challenging each other with different definitions of what it means to be a community, how are we representing ourselves and our programs, and what we can do to better who we are and live up to the community standards that we have set in place.

As the time comes closer I have began to feel a bit more nervous about my future. I have been working on trying to just figure out all the logistical things that are involved and learning the new terminologies that go along with a new place. During this time of focusing on this new information I have been forgetting to focus on what will be going on in a few weeks in Ukraine, or vis-versa, I try and focus on what is going to happen in the up coming weeks and forget to be present in the learning of what we are doing here.
Even through this small struggle I know things will be great and I am so excited to continue on this journey with all the support of my fellow missionaries and a family and friends.

Just for everyone who is interested I will keep posting my bio and how to support me and the others I will be working with.

http://new.gbgm-umc.org/work/missionaries/biographies/index.cfm?action=details&id=1372

No comments:

Post a Comment