Monday, October 17, 2011

No use Crying over spilled spaghetti

What an amazing week!  

I apologize that last weeks blog was a bit on the less informative side, and that the blog for this week is a day late, but I will be better this time I promise.

I have really fallen into a good community here. Last Sunday we had a lot of people over to Erika's and we had sushi and shared stories. It was great sushi an Asian food in eastern europe!!! It was great, I loved it. The rest of the week was amazing, I have created such great friends both Ukrainian and American. During English club we have lost a few people, but it is still great, last week we had game night and it went great!
For Pilgrims we had John Calhounne, a Unite Methdoist Missionary in Kiev come and preach, we shared lunch and had a good talk just discussing ministries and our lives in Ukraine.
Friday night was amazing, we had another gathering with people from the student center. It was great we had spaghetti and pizza, it was such a great night. while preparing the meal the dry spaghetti was dropped out of the bottom of the box, but we picked it up and boiled it and it was all good :). We all stayed late playing apples to apples and various other games and just enjoying being around one another.

Saturday I went out with the feeding program and again it was amazing, we went to the church first and and handed out bags to the older ladies who wait there for us and then we went on our route, sadly there was no one out due to the rain and coldness. Next we walked around and then it started snowing which was awesome!! That was followed by a long round of again apples to apples (such a great game),

Yesterday was Church and church meeting. It was great, I have started working with Kids club during the service since it is in Ukrainian and I love it so much. After church there was a meal and we meet as a leadership team.

I feel so welcomed and at home here. I am use to eating just once a day and here I get told I don't eat enough, as I am writing I have been offered cookies, cake, and tea, just to that I won't starve to death. I love the community I have here and really enjoy watching it grow. God is doing great things here and it is so so wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment