Sunday, October 23, 2011

Blessed for real

So yes this has been a great week, a very long week, and a blessed week!

English Club and Pilgrims have been great as normal, and I continue to build stronger relationships.
Everyone is so friendly and I love being around everyone but I think that might turn into a problem for me soon. I really hate leaving when people are having a good time and sometimes it leads to me sacrificing sleep, chores, and work that I have to catch up on later. But I am working on that for sure.

This week I simply asked a fellow who is a normal here at the student center if he would like to have some tea. It was a seeming small gesture but this is the most we have be able to interact with each other because my Ukrainian is so poor and he know little English. This was only a few minutes after my grammar lesson and so I was really tired from that but as we sat down and did our best to communicate he decided we should have a language lesson together. He grabs a Bible in Ukrainian and one in English that is the same translation (does this make since?) and we took turns reading the same verse, first he would read a verse 2 times in English and then I would read a verse 2 times in Ukrainian and we would help each other with pronouncing the words. I didn't really learn any Ukrainian but it was great speaking practice and even better bonding time that I had not even planned on having! God is so amazing some time!

Another realization that I came across is how much I love my job here. I knew I liked it but didn't realize that I loved it until I was trying to plan to do something and realized I was extremely busy. How does that make me realize I love my job? I didn't feel busy, I was not stressed over having to get stuff done I was excited about the work I get to do, even entering names into a data base for us to contact. Yes I have been truly blessed with my placement and I am extremely thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment